Iron ore and iron ingots are the next steps after copper in the V Rising progression. To find them, you’ll have to travel to new parts of the map, and that requires you to have a certain gear stat before you can even consider trying.
Iron is used to craft the first set of iron weapons and before you can use it you will need a forge, but before that you need to find iron ore. Here is the best place on the map for this.
The best place to find iron ore in V Rising
The best place to get iron ore is the Haunted Iron Mine. This is a relatively high-level place and you will need around 30-34 gear points to make it easier to mine all the iron ore. It is located in the south of Danlí farmland.
Inside the mine, you need to head to the top right of the area – you can see it on the map below.
There are several ore nodes here that are guarded by elite and regular mobs. There is no boss here, unlike other parts of the mines. The volcano sometimes spews out a molten hot green mass, so while mining, try to avoid it.
Important: Do not engage Archer Meredith if your level is lower. She has a powerful arrow attack that incapacitates you and leaves you open to annihilation by her retinue of level 40 rogue archers.
How to use iron in V Rising
To be able to craft anything from iron in V Rising, you will need a forge. To do this, you need to defeat Quincy the Bandit King in the Bandit Stronghold. This fight is recommended at level 37.
Further, everything is very simple:
- Use the furnace to turn iron ore into iron ingots.
- Take the iron to the forge
- Use it to craft iron weapons that you have unlocked.
- Iron weapons can be unlocked in exploration through research scrolls or random loot dropped from enemies and bosses.
- You can craft an iron crossbow before you have access to the forge using a woodworking table – this is a good way to raise your gear rating while you wait for the forge to be ready.
Iron can be crafted into a number of new weapons, including the Iron Reaper, which deals additional damage to the undead, and Iron Scythes.