Most of the collectibles in Ghostwire: Tokyo come with certain incentives. Be it the permanent passive bonuses from the Tanuki, the skill points from the KK Notes or, in the case of the Rosary, the unfathomable destructive and utilitarian power. If there was only one thing in Ghostwire: Tokyo that you hunted for besides ghosts, of course, then let it be a rosary.
Where to find rosaries?
The rosary can be found almost exclusively in purified shrines scattered throughout Tokyo. They serve as a reward for completing the main route, as well as for expanding the map in additional ways, in addition to simply clearing the unpleasant fog. One thing to keep in mind: you don’t automatically get the rosary for clearing shrines. They need to be collected manually.
The few rosaries that are not connected to shrines are instead connected to Nekomata and serve as a reward for completing enough requests for relics. Finally, some rosary is a reward for completing the Liberator achievement and absorbing all 240,300 spirits.
What do rosaries do?
Prayer beads are equippable items that serve as Ghostwire: Tokyo’s main form of gear customization. The rosary is an incredibly powerful tool that Akito can – and should – use. Each set of rosaries can drastically change your game, many of them provide powerful combat buffs or useful options.
In Chapter 2, Akito will gain the ability to wear a rosary, however he can only wear one set. You can increase their number to three if you spend skill points and a magatama, and this is something you should definitely do. Very few abilities can match the rosary.
If you need to replenish your skill points quickly, finding QC Notes will net you a whopping 20 skill points per note, for a total of 20 notes to find.
Best rosary in Ghostwire: Tokyo
Rosary of deceit
Where to find
- Clear Hirokawa Shrine
- Clear Shiratsuki Shrine
- Clear Onten Shrine
Speaking of KK Investigation Notes, the Rosary of Deception is designed to make finding these cleverly placed notes much easier. If you’re actively hunting for these items, then wearing a set of Ranger’s Rosary is a must. The only drawback of these rosaries is that they inevitably become useless. However, when they are good, they are just great.
- Amount 1: Spawns a green trail that will lead you to any QC notes within 100 meters
- Amount 2: Spawns a green trail that will lead you to any KK notes within 200 meters
- Amount 3: Spawns a green trail that will lead you to any KK notes within 300 meters.
Spirit perception rosary
Where to find
- Clear the Khitani Shrine
- Clear the Torii gate on the rooftop of the Saiham building
Leveling up in Ghostwire: Tokyo is surprisingly difficult. Enemies don’t give much experience, enemies don’t come up too often, and you need a lot of experience to level up – even in the early game. This is because the most effective way to gain experience is to purify spirits.
These floating lost souls appear when Akito uses Spectral Vision, but the Spirit Perception Prayer enhances this ability, making it much more useful. The more spirits you find, the faster you level up. Fantastic useful rosary.
- Amount 1: Spawns a blue trail that leads you to any spirits within 100 meters
- Amount 2: Spawns a blue trail that leads you to any spirits within a 200m radius.
Where to find
- Clear the Torii Gate on the roof of the Monokane Building
- Clear Shimokusa Shrine
It’s easy to forget that talismans exist simply because they’re expensive to buy and you don’t want to spend them. Of course, not using them is wasteful in itself. This is where the rosary of the Talisman comes to the rescue. They greatly increase the effectiveness of your talismans, making them much more effective without increasing your investment.
Spending 7000 meiks on a talisman sounds pretty cool. Spending the same 7,000 meiks on the same talisman that is several times more powerful is just a smart spending strategy.
- Amount 1: Increases the duration of stun/tan talismans by 150%, and the range of impact and lure talismans by 150%
- Amount 2: Increases the duration of stun/tan talismans by 200%, and the range of impact and lure talismans by 200%.
rosary of fire
Where to find
- Clear Kirigaoka Shrine
- Clear the Mikubo Shrine
- Clear Akitsu Shrine
Akito’s finest weaving is a sight to behold, they are all fantastic fighting tools capable of destroying any foe. However, each of them has its own niche, and none of them is more suitable than the element of fire.
A slow-charging AoE fireball, this attack has great power but very little ammo. The Prayer of Flame doesn’t solve the problem of limited resources, but it does make the fireball much more efficient, reducing the need to fire so many fireballs.
- Amount 1: Increases the attack power of fire weaves by 20%
- Amount 2: Increases the offensive power of fire weaves by 40%
- Amount 3: Increases the offensive power of fire weaves by 60%
Where to find
- Clear Toyoya Shrine
- Clear Kappagaike Temple
- Clear Yamaka Shrine
If rush is your weak killer and fire is your AOE nuke, then water is the sweet spot. Water should be your primary element for just about everything. She deals high damage, has a lot of “ammo” and can hit multiple enemies.
If any weaving can be considered the most popular, then this is Water. Making the Weave of Water more powerful makes sense since you have to use it all the time. This will save ammo, time and make you feel much stronger.
- Amount 1: Increases the offensive power of the weaves of water by 20%
- Amount 2: Increases the offensive power of the weaves of water by 40%
- Amount 3: Increases the offensive power of the weaves of water by 60%