The decision to make fun of Victoria or console her in Life is Strange in the first episode can lead to serious consequences later on. This guide will give a general overview of what’s going on and then spoiler information for those who don’t mind knowing the exact details of the plot.
Attention! There may be spoilers ahead!
Aftermath of mocking Victoria in Life is Strange
If the players decide to make fun of Victoria in Life is Strange, she will not believe Max if he chooses to give Victoria a warning in Episode 4, leading to Victoria making a big decision in Episode 5 that could change the ending. She will also continue to be rude to Max throughout the story.
The biggest consequences of mocking Victoria in Life is Strange are:
- Victoria will leave a photo of Max on social media and post photoshopped images making fun of her;
- She will vandalize Max’s room and take an unflattering photo of her back;
- Victoria won’t believe Max if the players warn her about someone in Episode 4, effectively saving her life in Episode 5.
Aftermath of consoling Victoria in Life is Strange
Comforting Victoria will result in her believing Max if players give her a warning in the fourth episode of Life is Strange. This will lead to Victoria making an important decision that could change the ending. Victoria will also be friendlier to Max throughout the story than if the players were laughing at her.
The biggest consequences of the decision to comfort Victoria in Life is Strange are:
- Victoria will delete Max’s photo on social media and will no longer post images that make fun of her;
- She will not vandalize Max’s room;
- Victoria will believe Max if the players decide to warn her about someone in the fourth episode, which will result in her death.
Laugh at Victoria or console her?
This is one of the most important choices in Life is Strange. The spoiler sections above describe all the consequences of this decision. However, in general, it’s better to make fun of Victoria in episode 1 if the players care about a good ending for all the inhabitants of Arcadia Bay. Alternatively, Max can comfort Victoria and not warn her in the fourth episode to achieve the same result.
However, the very last choice in the game can change all decisions made, so players should feel free to shape Max’s story in Life is Strange as they see fit as they decide whether to make fun of Victoria or comfort her.