When it’s dangerous to go alone.
How to get the Calling Bell in Elden Ring
You can summon spirits for help with the help of a special item — Calling Bell. There are two ways to get it.
Method one – at Renna
This method is suitable for those who have barely started the game. For this:
- Go to Temple of Elle.
- Activate Lost Grace (located in the center of the ruins).
- Further iditol into the wood to the big gate. To the right of them there will be another grace that must be activated.
- In the cutscene that follows this, choose the option “Agree”.
- Go to the Elle Temple again (this can be done using the teleporter). Please note that at this stage you need to call the mount at least once.
- Sit by the fire and talk to Melina.
- After that, move to another fire and skip the time until night.
- Return to the temple.
- Talk to Rena.
Method two – buy
This solution is suitable for those who have already managed to play for some time and for whom Renna will no longer spawn. In this case:
- Go to the Fortress of the Round Table.
- Find the Old Handmaiden Twins.
- The item can be purchased from them.
How to summon spirits in Elden Ring
As soon as you get the bell, the protagonist has the opportunity to summon friendly phantoms. Spirits work similarly to weapons – they can be equipped in the appropriate quick access slots.
But this is not the only parallel with objects that can be drawn. Like the outfit spirits should be selected according to your build. The phantom should compensate for all the shortcomings of your character. For example, if you play as a mage or an archer, then you should choose a powerful tank as an assistant.
For, in fact, the call you need bell and dust. The type of ashes you equip will determine which spirit you summon. Here is a partial list of the types of ashes and their respective companions available in the game:
- ashes of lone wolves;
- ashes of a ghostly jellyfish;
- ashes of wandering nobles;
- the ashes of a noble sorcerer;
- the ashes of a rotting corpse;
- the ashes of a skeleton militia;
- ashes of a skeleton bandit;
- the ashes of a half-man;
- ashes of a giant rat;
- the ashes of the soldiers of Paradise Lukaria;
- ashes of the Brilliant sorcerer;
- ashes of Godric’s soldiers;
- the ashes of the Twin Wizard, etc.
You can summon the spirit of dust if the corresponding symbol is displayed on the left. This usually happens when you enter the boss area. So it can be used as a warning as well.
Spent on the call concentration. The more powerful the phantom, the more concentration you will need to summon. So, for example, to summon three wolves, whose ashes you will receive from Renna along with a bell, you will need only 55 concentration points, but the Dragon Knight Christophe will require an impressive 108.
Also, keep in mind that it will take a few seconds to summon the spirit, so it’s better to cast it before the battle.
More on Igromania