In MultiVersus, Steven Universe is one of two characters in his show that players can unlock. Like other fighting platform games, MultiVersus brings together characters from various Warner Bros. universes, including Looney Tunes, Game of Thrones, Rick and Morty, Adventure Time and more. In addition to bringing in recognizable characters, both cartoon and real, MultiVersus plans to create new characters previously unknown to Warner Bros. franchises, such as Raindog.
Players can unlock new characters in three ways: by spending 3,000 gold, by using 700 Gleamium, or by using one character ticket. Gold can be earned by playing the game, completing missions, and completing tasks. Gleamium is a premium currency that can currently only be purchased with real money. Character Tickets are issued in Founder’s Packs, add-ons that players can purchase from their respective online retailers to complete the game.
Steven Universe is best played as a support character. The other support characters currently available are Raindog and Velma. Players who want to level up Steven of the Universe should take advantage of his ability to place obstacles and platforms that help allies. Steven Universe can also heal and grant armor while being both a support and a tank, like Wonder Woman from MultiVersus.
Best Perks and Strategies of Steven Universe
Players should focus on attacks and moves that serve as support. Steven Universe is best played in a team, as his main role is to help other players. Below is a list of Steven Universe’s best moves as a support fighter:
- Bubble Boy! Neutral + Special – Sends out a tethered projectile that can attack enemies and apply the bubble debuff. If players fight off enemies with bubbles, they will not be able to fight.
- “Stop for Friendship!” Side + Special – Steven sends out a projectile in the form of a shield wall that blocks enemies. If it flies past an ally along the way, that ally will receive a short armor bonus.
- Shield Pedometer: Up + Special – Steven holds the shield over his head and dashes upwards. This leaves behind a platform for allies to use, highlighting Steven as a great support character in MultiVersus.
- Watermelon Steven Go! Down + Special – Steven plants a watermelon that creates a healing area for himself and allies. Eventually the watermelon explodes and turns into Watermelon Steven, who helps the allies in battle.
- Bouncing Bubble: Unlocked at level 8, extends the duration of the enemy’s stun debuff and knocks them further back when they crash into Steven’s shields on walls or platforms. This perk is paired with Shield Pedometer for a deadly combo.
- Green Finger: Unlocked at level 10. Steven’s Watermelon from “Stephen’s Watermelon Go!” attack gets bigger and deals more damage the longer he is alive.