In Cyberpunk 2077, the Enhanced Minimap Mod is a fan mod that offers customizable options for the in-game map. First of all, the mod aims to solve a common problem that many players may encounter when moving around the Night City. For example, when you follow a dotted line from point A to point B during a quest, the visually “zoomed” nature of the vanilla minimap makes it harder in Cyberpunk 2077 to spot upcoming turns. This dilemma makes driving more difficult than it should be and can lead to unnecessary discomfort. Also, realizing that the map line has generated a turn abruptly can result in V accidentally crashing into a pedestrian, resulting in an NCPD.
Luckily, the Enhanced Minimap Mod fixes these issues in Cyberpunk 2077 and includes additional UI features to allow players to customize how the minimap works. For example, there are several map zoom level options such as Slight Zoom Out or Ultra Zoom Out. Fans can also remove the compass in the top left corner of the map, or even remove the minimap entirely, leaving only the compass. There are also several opacity options if the map looks “too fat” on the UI screen.
To get started with the Enhanced Minimap Mod in Cyberpunk 2077, players must first create an account on the official Nexus Mods website. Although an account is not required to visit or view mods, only users of the site have download rights. Then find “Improved Minimap” and look through the installation options.
How to use the Enhanced Minimap Mod in Cyberpunk 2077
There are several ways to download and install the Cyberpunk 2077 Enhanced Minimap. As mentioned above, the mod offers several customization features that can be downloaded and applied separately. However, this method is somewhat inconvenient and not recommended for those looking for easy accessibility.
Alternatively, players can use one of the following steps to obtain an “Improved Minimap” for their game:
Installing “Improved mini-map” for Cyberpunk 2077 (without Vortex)
- Step 1: Select the “Files” tab on the mod’s webpage and select “Manual Download” under BetterMinimap Installer.
- Step 2: After downloading the content, run the BetterMinimap-Installer.exe file, select the in-game map settings you want, and click Install. These features in Cyberpunk 2077 can be reset by uninstalling and reinstalling the mod by running the EXE file again.
Installing an improved minimap for Cyberpunk 2077 (using Vortex)
- Step 1: Download and install Vortex, the official Nexus Mods website mod manager.
- Step 2: On the mod page, under Main Files, select BetterMinimap Vortex and select Load Mod Manager.
- Step 3: Inside the Vortex select the desired option and install. These options can be reset by uninstalling and reinstalling the mod in this mod manager.