In Elden Ring, the Sanguine Noble is a boss in an elite order of blood mages who serve the Blood Lord. They are powerful assassins who have achieved high proficiency in blood magic, as well as demonstrating prowess in the martial arts of assassination. They can be found mainly in the Mogvin Palace.
Blood Aristocrat Overview
- Location: Bloody Ruins, Altus Plateau
- Required: No
- Summons: Spirits and Players
- Drops: 8,800 runes
- Weakness: Bleeding
The boss in this fight is located in the Bloody Ruins, on the Altus Plateau, in the middle and late part of the game. Like the boss leader, Mog the Bloodlord, this enemy uses bleeding to drain you of large chunks of health in one go. This is combined with relatively fast movements and unpredictable actions.
However, if you can deal high damage and have your own bleed weapon, this boss can be quite easy, and the boss room makes it hard to fight. Indeed, the cramped boss room in Bloody Ruins often results in odd camera movement and awkward placements.
Ultimately, with the use of bleeding, patience, and backstabs, this fight can overcome anyone tarnished.
Blood Aristocrat Attacks
The boss will quickly throw his dagger from his left hand at you.
- Tip: This attack is usually used when you are far away from the boss. So always be ready to dodge an attack.
The boss will raise his dagger, expecting the stupid stained to dive in with an attack. This is dangerous. If you successfully parry, the Noble will deal a critical hit, dealing massive damage.
- Tip: It is very important that you do not make melee attacks while the noble is ready to parry. Rather, use it as an opportunity to cast a spell, use a bow, or heal. As long as you don’t give the boss a chance to parry, you’ll be safe.
Waves of blood
The boss, true to its name, will swipe the ground, creating a pool of AEO blood. Touching this blood will increase your bleeding meter.
- Tip: They are pretty easy to avoid, just don’t step on them.
The enemy will move towards you at frightening speed, pointing his blade in your direction. This attack is often quickly followed by other enemy combos.
- Tip: If your main goal is to create distance from this attack, then roll to the side. However, if you want to be aggressive, you can roll over this attack to get close and punish.
How to defeat the Blood Aristocrat
A combination of careful timing, eagle eyes, and bleeding damage will give very good results here. Fast bleeding-based weapons like the Rivers of Blood katana will serve you well, allowing you to deal damage and dodge in quick succession.
Most importantly, never engage the boss when he is ready to parry your blows: this is his biggest weapon and can quickly cut your health bar in half.
To counter this enemy’s bleeding attacks, take as many Bleeding Pills with you as possible. These items will remove all accumulated bleeds, negating his most powerful weapon.
Also, beware of the boss room as it is very cramped and can lead to camera bugs.
By following these tips, you should be able to defeat this blood-soaked boss.
- Take pills with you
- Use fast attacks
- Use bleeding
- Don’t engage when the boss tries to parry
- Watch out for pools of blood